Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Brinner

Brinner, or Breakfast for Dinner to quote Scrubs, is sometimes a necessary event. I'm not a huge breakfast person myself - in fact I'd much rather eat leftover chili or pizza in the morning than any sort of traditional breakfast food, so it makes sense, then, that I'd eat breakfast at dinner instead.

With the craving for hash brown casserole haunting me, I decided to whip up a little Halloween themed brinner.


We enjoyed some spooky eye hash brown casserole, Smart Life bacon strips, and pancakes in adorable Halloween shapes courtesy of our Williams Sonoma mini pancake molds.

The hash brown casserole recipe was copied exactly from Epicurean Vegan's recipe here. Usually I tweak other recipes a bit, but this is so good the way it is thatthe only thing I change is to make my own sour cream because I hate the Tofutti kind. Otherwise, this thing is freaking delicious. Warning: will cause intense cravings at random hours of the day months later and also result in a need to eat the entire casserole dish.

We were in a super big rush so we didn't have time to be all delicate and cautious with our pancakes, but I still think they came out damn cute:


Only 5 days till Halloween!! Are you ready?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment